I love to learn more about why we do the things we do, be it through psychology, spirituality, science or story.
I’m currently consolidating my interest in “the science of what makes life worth living” with an MSc in Applied Positive Psychology, focusing on the concept of “self-as-instrument” – how our own qualities of attention, openness and presence impact others and create our first intervention – in my final year.
I combine Positive Psychology, Self-Compassion, Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT), The 3 Principles, Polyvagal Theory and Attachment theory to have fun yet meaningful conversations about the nature of being human.
I’m an accredited and certified Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner (EFT) with EFT International (training with executive coach and EFT Master Trainer of Trainers Sejual Shah), and have also trained as an NLP in Business Practitioner with Sue Knight.
I’m inspired by the work of many wonderful people, including;
- Michael Neill (the 3 Principles of Mind, Consciousness and Thought)
- Kristen Neff (the three tenets of self-compassion – mindfulness, self-kindness and common humanity)
- Paul Gilbert and Chris Irons (Compassion Focused Therapy)
- Stan Tatkin (psychobiology and attachment theory)
- Elaine Aron (sensory processing sensitivity – AKA the Highly Sensitive Person)
- Dr Stephen Porges and Deborah Dana (polyvagal theory and trauma)
- Brené Brown (shame and vulnerability)
As well as researching the above, I have successfully completed;
- The Gifts of Imperfection Part One A six-week e-course from Brene Brown and Oprah, hosting a study group
- Good brain, bad brain Produced by Birmingham University via FutureLearn
- Inner Bonding and Conscious Evolution An experiential 2-day workshop with Nancy Swisher
- Introducing Business Energetics An experiential 2-day workshop with Sejual Shah
- Managing People Produced by Henley Business School via Reading University and FutureLearn
- The Secret Power of Brands Produced by The University of East Anglia and Wolff Olins via FutureLearn
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Backed by Open Universities Australia via Open2Study
- Psychology and Mental Health: Beyond Nature and Nurture Produced by the University of Liverpool via FutureLearn
- Science of Happiness A 10-week course with The Greater Good Science Centre, University of California, Berkeley via edX (scoring 96% over the whole course)
- Writing for the web Backed by Open Universities Australia via Open2Study